Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Sunny California is cold.
The three day conference on 'Valuing the Whole Child' in Anaheim was great with the warmth of an amazing fraternity of international educators. I felt like a frog in the well that had been hoisted out and left dry among a super brilliant community of learners. Wow it was a humbling yet an enriching experience. A lot of the recurring messages by the presenters resonated with my personal views and that was reassuring. However I have not dramatically contributed towards the tilling of the soil and planting quality seeds to our garden. No doubt it is a lot of hard work and i pray for the will to make it happen. Whenever i think of my Chong Boonites i feel a deep sense of pride and hope.
The conference is over. Most delegates have left. It is cold and the incessant rain is trying to dampen my mood.
I am alone and yet not. As I enter this garden, filled with the lovely smiles of my Chong Boonites I am cheered.
Cheers!

No comments: